View Single Post
Old
07-31-2012, 09:34 AM
Pattypred

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
PattyPred was the booster club secretary at one point. If she sees this and cares to comment it will probably answer a lot of questions.
Well, now that I've been mentioned, I guess I have to respond. Yes, I was the booster club secretary for a long time.

As another poster said, a faction came into the club and definitely had their own agenda. At that time is when I quit being part of the club because I definitely did not like the direction the club was going.

I know that we use to have a large fundraiser for Hockey Fights Cancer (HFC) each year that was very successful. I know that one year the booster club donated over $2,000 to HFC.

We use to have monthly meetings, watch parties and were a volunteer resource for the Predators.

Gerry Helper hated the idea of a booster club because of his previous experience with another franchise and he wished it would go away. (At least this is what I had been told.) Once Alexis left the Predators, the Predators utilization of the booster club became non-existent.

If anyone is interested in getting a booster club up and running, I wish you all the very best of luck.

If you want more information, please just PM me.

Pattypred is offline   Reply With Quote