View Single Post
Old
07-31-2012, 09:48 AM
hockeydoug

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
The team had awesome forward depth. This one doesn't. So...we need to go and get some. Simple as that. How they all get there is irrevelent IMO, just get it here.
I hear ya, and I agree that there's plenty to be frustrated about, but I think the point of some many of the disagreements in discussion is that how they get there is relevant. I tend to side with the lower risk approach until they're down to one or two significant issues to address because so many gms have fallen on their face taking the short term, high risk approach.

I really don't think they even know what their biggest problems are yet. It could be coaching, special teams, goalies, size, abrasiveness, defense, 2nd line center, etc. I really don't like them burning their limited assets to overpay just to fill one of those issues that may not even be one of the 3 biggest problems. I want them all addressed.

Anyway, back to the point of the thread, I'm not a fan of trading Olsen until they're more confident that he's being moved to fill an actual problem area. I'm not convinced Boyle addresses any significant problem. While I think Biron is a better goalie than Emery, I don't trust that advantage to hold up in a new city, system, and new skaters in front of him. I don't think Biron does anything to help them win games. If the Hawks have 7 dmen healthy, I'm perfectly content to see Olsen go to address a defined priority to help them win games. Boyle doesn't do that right now, in my opinion, until the roster changes certain ways.

hockeydoug is offline   Reply With Quote