View Single Post
Old
07-31-2012, 09:51 AM
arsmaster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by supert View Post
Good logic yourself

As an Oiler fan this works well . Shawn Horcoff is a proven 3 line centre who can play the Pk , PP and against other teams top lines . We should be able to get a very good prospect .

Serious , Like Horcoff , Lou contract is a negative . Horcoff over paid and for 3 more season . Lou's Cap hit is good but it runs until the end of time , making it a negative .

I know Canucks fan say he will not play until the end of it , But if he goes back to Florida where he is from , who to say he does not keep playing , as he is not away from his family as much .I think it is much more likely he plays longer if he is back home with his family

Also i know Horcoff is not as good as Lou , not even close. I am trying to make a point sometime a prospect is worth more then a proven NHL player . I would love to have Lou on the Oilers , but would not pay a lot for him . I know other Oilers fan will be up in arms over this , saying he is a choker come play offs , But i would counter we need to get their first and Lou would give us a better chance . All is moot , because he will not coming to Edmonton .
Luongo has a much bigger impact and plays at a much higher level than Horcoff and makes less against the cap.

I love when Oilers fans weigh in, they're just sad that Luongo has beaten their team into the bottom of the league consistently since he arrived in Vancouver.

Oh yeah, If Luongo isn't playing to a high standard in the last 3 or 4 years of his contract and wont retire...send him to the minors...some of you people seem really dense suggesting that Luongo in anyway can force a team to keep him and continue to play him. If they don't like what he's giving them, send him to the minors at 38/39/40 and see how he likes riding the bus in Rochester or San Antonio for a living.