View Single Post
Old
07-31-2012, 10:15 AM
zbubble

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresAreScaryGood View Post
Ok so let me get this straight, 5 goals and 32 points from Ehrhoff is what we expected? Im sure this is where you tell me all free agent scoring is down the 1st year.

Im starting to question my loyalty as a Sabres fan. I think Im pretty loyal, but obviously not enough.
Didn't Ehrhoff also miss like 20 games due to injury? His points per game is probably not as far off as you think from his career average.

Besides, let's take away the "Hindsight 20/20" factor that whatever Ehrhoff's season was last year, and think back to who the top UFA's were last offseason. Ehrhoff was unquestionably the #1 D-man on the market, and regardless of how he played last year, he got him to sign here. Leino, at that time, was probably the #2 F option after Richards. Whether or not anyone agrees with the contracts, he arguably got the #1 D on the market and the #2 F on the market to come to Buffalo.

That summer we were in the same position the Bills are in right now with Mario Williams. No one's dumping on Buddy Nix now, it's all "good job for landing the big prize in FA". If Williams tanks or gets injured all the time, with the benefit of hindsight, the tables will turn on Nix too.

zbubble is offline   Reply With Quote