View Single Post
Old
07-31-2012, 11:43 AM
Qui Gon Dave

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
Are you serious?

I'm sure that his agent or any number of non mafia related Montreal Canadiens employees could easily handle buying a car. Easily one of the biggest reaches I've ever seen on here? Da da...
Yeah, cos I'm sure any young player trying to settle into a new city without speaking the local language(s) very well want to run everything they do past their agent or someone from the team (most of whom won't speak Russian so "any number of" team employees probably would have some issue communicating with Andrei to a level both would be comfortable with). Is it that difficult to believe that he would rather try and make friends in a new city with people who he can communicate with and who could offer advice and provide him with help?

Yes, his agent or someone provided by the team to help him set up a home and get to grips with life in the city could help him but would he want to rely on them for everything? Besides, after the darkest day BS, wasn't it mentioned that management didn't do a lot to help him settle in? Pretty sure I remember hearing that. More likely (IMO) he'd try and develop a social circle of people he could spend time with and get help and advice without having to run to someone in an official capacity every time he wanted to go somewhere or buy something.