View Single Post
Old
07-31-2012, 01:40 PM
Dekar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
Funny that you manage to make your point without talking about Markov. He alone makes a major difference.
I know! All I talked about was a healthy Gionta, another year of the veteranization of Pacioretty and Subban, and a bit of experience for formerly first-year NHLers (Emelin and Diaz).

I know full-well that there are going to be injury issues, and the inclusion of Markov is a big question mark as the team's been effectively playing without him for the better part of a couple of years. I'm confident he'll make a difference, but the point I want to make is that even without him, we're a much better team with captain Gionta in the lineup. I'm by no means a Gionta fanboy, but his determination, effective work on the boards, the lead-by-example work ethic he puts on, and just how he finds ways to score 20 to 30 timely goals all season is a huge boost to the team.

I've already had a couple of people say "Oh that's all well and nice that we're going to have a full year with a perfect outcome to every scenario and the stars are aligned, etc" but I never once said or hinted at that. Some people need to learn to read, stop making up fake implications, and reply to what's there.