View Single Post
Old
07-31-2012, 01:04 PM
tsujimoto74

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imlach a cup View Post
March 23 v the Rangers has been my favorite. 4-1 FES had 3 of um. Good goaltending battle early then Stafford and Ennis took over. They potted pucks against both the Rangers top pairings. Great game beginning to end.

The full Leafs game is available on YouTube. On my cell or I'd post a link. Leafs announcers which I like because you can listen to the life drain from their voices as the Sabre steadily make the comeback.
Just went back and re-watched that game this morning. Things I noticed/liked: 1) Hodgson was actually very good on the PK in that game. He got his stick in a lot of passing lanes, and hustled back to create a couple SH chances. 2) Christian Ehrhoff is pretty darn good in his own end..Probably saved Buffalo 2 goals -- the first checking Gaborik on what would've been a tap-in and the second getting his skate to the post to make a save when Miller was out of the net. 3) Marcus Foligno is a beast on the backcheck. Had 2 assists both from breaking up plays and then finding Ennis streaking with Staff. 4) Tropp made himself really noticeable that game/was creating a good amount of quality chances.

All-around, just a good game for Buffalo. Hope to see a bunch more like that in 12-13.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote