Thread: Speculation: Dion Phaneuf's next contract?
View Single Post
Old
07-31-2012, 01:22 PM
ALine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
That does not exist. Go look Ill wait around even if it takes you 2 weeks to find the "advanced stats". Dion Phaneuf has a terrible contract and is severely over rated . Its funny how the Flames wanted to get rid of this "superstar" . Hockey is all about... what have u done for me lately. The past means nothing. His first 3 years were insanely good. HE is a shadow of that guy. I wouldnt complain about any of this if managing the CAP is a very important part to success. A few over paid contracts leaves u with no money to spend, so u end of calling Brett Lebda, Ricard Wallin, Hanson, Crabb, Boyce, Dupuis.
It took me two seconds.

http://www.hockeyanalytics.com/Resea...harts_2012.pdf

Scroll to the leafs, You will see the usage of zone starts and quality of competition. Phaneuf has, by far, the hardest competition on a night in, night out basis, and relied to play in not only the offesnive zone heavily, but in the defensive zone as well. This clearly shows the level of resonsiblitly on the ice that Phaneuf plays is more than an other defender on the leafs.

Your point about not have enough cap left over is just plain wrong. Does LA have issues building a solid defense group giving Doughty 7 million? No they don't.

ALine is online now   Reply With Quote