View Single Post
Old
07-31-2012, 01:39 PM
jml87

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
Right on right on.

I wasn't sure. I knew Schierholtz wasn't really a big time deal but those two prospects I literally knew nothing about. That +cash should have given it away that the Phillies didn't get much in the return heh.

Tommy Joseph I hear is a good pick up though.
He's their number 2 prospect in a blah system with a significant upside. Numbers aren't the greatest right now, but scouts have been saying this a great pickup for the Phils so we will see.

Based on what both teams gave up, I'd say Dodgers got the better deal. Pence is better power hitter and RBI guy but if Victorino picks up the pace like he has been, then I like him better. I know I mentioned Pence being better a few weeks ago but that was before Vic started his hitting resurgence.

Few other +s for Victorino
- Postseason experience, he has some of the greatest, clutch hits in Phillies postseason history
- Great outfielder, covers ground quickly and makes some awesome grabs out there
- When he's on, he is on. It seems like he can hit anything. It gets annoying when he goes cold and starts with the popups but it usually doesn't last for long. I think his issues this year have been his worries about his contract status and trying to do too much on a struggling team. Now that he's back in a lineup that can hit, I think he'll go back to what he does best.