View Single Post
Old
07-31-2012, 02:20 PM
Retail1LO
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Retail1LO Send a message via AIM to Retail1LO Send a message via MSN to Retail1LO
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
Hawksfan50 does bring up a few good points however when it comes to physicality, or lack thereof .... If TT or Kane becomes our 2nd line center we will need size on the 2nd line to give either some breathing space. If we remain this soft, we get eaten up in the playoffs, as opps key on Toews and Kane/TT. Carcillo can only do so much as a light heavyweight. We witnessed some teams getting very physical against Toews last year and taking liberties in doing so. This needs to stop and is one of the main reasons I'd like Stan to take a serious shot at acquiring Doan. Perhaps a guy like Beach can learn a thing or two from him about the role he needs to play to be successful ... and he will be ready to take it on full force in a year or two.
Oh...I'm not denying that. If TT or Kane become our second line center, we need bigger wingers. Still...this has nothing to do with Boland on the third line, as he has nothing to do with how the 2nd line matches up. This team needs players like Hayes to step up. In general, this team needs to get tougher. We have no one on this team that's intimidating or physically imposing. We barely have anyone on this team that even qualifies as being irritating to play against, outside of Bolland, Carcillo, and perhaps Shaw. You need more than just skill. We're lacking in size, and it simply cannot be discounted how important size is. I agree with you on Beach too. Bring him up. Now. Sink or swim. Be nasty. Be beligerent. Get in front of the net. Would love to see Beach and Hayes bring some size and crash to this outfit. Not sure if Hayes can , or will, deliver such an element, but it'd be nice to see.

Retail1LO is offline   Reply With Quote