View Single Post
Old
07-31-2012, 03:57 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haute Couturier View Post
An argument is only credible if there are facts to back them up. I take them more seriously than those who think they have all of the answers because they watch the game.
If Stats were the be all and end all of talent comparison, then why is Alexandre Daigle considered a massive 1st round bust, and St louis considered a great NHL player.

If we are going to break down their junior stats, then Daigle was clearly a better player, and should be right now. Thats concrete evidence. Daigle scored 150 points in a junior season.

Stats are not the defining factor in deciding a players worth and ability. Advanced statistics are even more of a joke. How to you determine a good defensive player and a bad one.

You go by stats, and an defensive defenseman has 25 turn-overs in the league. Another has 35 in the same season. The first players turnovers result in 20 goals against, the second players 0 against.

Which is the better defensive player?

I can play this game all day.

My favourite is that several poor defensemen outscore Couturier this year in points. Thats a concrete fact. Does that mean that all other defenseman have more offensive ability than Couturier.