View Single Post
Old
07-31-2012, 05:51 PM
reffree

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
Yeah I guess the difference is 2 draft years and 1.5 years of actual age due to Jones being a late birthday.
Yeah, that's what I thinked, just wasn't sure. As for the actual debate, both look pretty good (Jones more constently tough) but both brings question mark right now. Jones play a complet game and he's been hyped for a while now, but he wouldn't be the first american D who's hype go down after leaving USNTDP. I think about Fowler who was downright too good in the U18 the year before his draft, his transition was harder than what I thinked it would have been at the time. Scout look at that year of transition, coming to the CHL isn't the safe thing for his draft status, he could rise sky high or drop at the end of the top 10 depending on his transition. I know he is awfully hype and amazingly good right now, but everything he did was against lower level of competition. Saying he's the next big thing comes with some risk.

As for Hamilton, the hype machine start being aweful too this year with those impressive stat he had combine with his frame and skating ability. Still come with a good level of risk to me. He isn't positionnally sound and he's running everywhere in his zone.

Jones level of play look better right now, but I would like to see him maintain that at the CHL level before I make a choice.

reffree is offline   Reply With Quote