View Single Post
Old
07-31-2012, 05:37 PM
KeepitinPitt

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to KeepitinPitt Send a message via AIM to KeepitinPitt
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHWR View Post
I've watch Kuhnhackl play a lot over the past two years and I wouldn't say he's regressed at all his situation just changed a bunch. He still has a ridiculous shot and is a very creative offensive player. Windsor just went from a powerhouse to a rebuilding team in the span of a few months (between Kuhnhackl's last two OHL seasons). When he was dealt to Niagara he was overkill for that team, they pretty much had their top 6 set before even acquiring him and even in a more limited role, Kuhnhackl put up some decent numbers for them.

People are just stat watching in his case. The numbers went down so he must've regressed. It's the simplest and easiest way to criticize a player you never watch. While he didn't show major improvement either, that can probably get chalked up to him 50% less games than the year before. If anything, his suspension might be a good thing. He had some issues not using his big frame in his rookie season and now he's illegally trucking people. It's nice to see that he has the ability to show that type of nastiness.

Besides Bennett (and arguably Tangradi), Kuhnhackl is our next most skilled forward. Well...maybe KV. That guy's a beast...but since he didn't play any games last season...REGRESSED!
I watched a little bit of Kuhn his rookie year with Windsor and wasn't all that impressed. He looked uncoordinated, slow and didn't show off his rocket of a shot that people talk about. He scored a few goals on rebounds (which was nice to see) but to be honest he didn't seem all that skilled. I haven't watched him nearly as much as you so it's encouraging to read you're positive assessment of him. I'm hoping I just haven't seen him at his best. That's basically why I didn't vote for him. It really had nothing to do with his stats from last year. I'm not going to be too hard on somebody over an injury/suspension plagued season.

KeepitinPitt is offline   Reply With Quote