View Single Post
Old
07-31-2012, 07:06 PM
Jesus Vitale
Formerly CPZ17

vCash: 500
My thoughts on the Pirates' moves:

Lincoln for Snider seems like it could potentially be a pretty good deal. Looks like Lincoln wouldn't make a good starter, could be a closer some day but we have Hanrahan now and our bullpen is already great. Snider was pretty good 2 years ago at the age of 22 and then he hasn't played a full season in the bigs since. give him a prolonged chance and he could turn into a solid batter. I liked Lincoln, so even though i'm a little upset he got traded, he could've been traded to a worse team than the Blue Jays.(Like the Yankees)

As for Gaby, it seems like everyone on the new Miami Marlins performed below expectations this year. so maybe and hopefully it was just something about that team that messed players up and he can at least bounce back to near his 2010-11 numbers. I think even how he's playing now he's better than Gorkys, who probably would never become an everyday outfielder, so it's pretty much just that pick for him.

McGehee for Qualls: Meh. i'm pretty sure Casey made more than him so it's just saving a couple bucks and there really isn't any room for him anyways. Qualls never really was good at all, so we can't really say "maybe he'll return to his ____ form!", but who knows. Grilli's numbers weren't that great before he came to the Bucs and he's been pretty good for them. Qualls could possibly be at least a little useful.