View Single Post
Old
07-31-2012, 07:06 PM
Sivek

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
Am I the only here that thinks Snider could become the next Giles or Bay? Very similar situation when we obtained both of those guys.

If Marte/Snider work out, we could have a badass outfield for a long time.

I can't see it because of his terrible strike-zone recognition at the MLB level. Giles was an elite at strike-zone recognition and while Bay did k a ton, he also walked a ton as well.

I can see Snider being a Corey Hart-type hitter. Decent average and solid power but not too may walks and a ton of k's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by invictus View Post
What does a stat line like 260/340/440 mean in baseball?

I know nothing of the game, but following this thread has been more entertaining than the Pens uneventful offseason, haha
When you see this combo of slashes and numbers, it's referring to (in order) batting average, on-base average and slugging average. For example, last season the average slash stats for a National League first-basemen were .270/.350/.451. 1B is the easiest position to play and almost always has the highest offensive threshold. That hitting line was the highest for any position in the NL last year.

So if Sanchez plays well, I could see him hitting at around the league-average at 1B or a little below it.