View Single Post
Old
07-31-2012, 07:48 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
Another thought: we really don't want Phoenix to relocate to Quebec City. That pretty much keeps us in the West as long as the NHL employs a two conference system.

Side note: The Islanders won't relocate to Quebec City in 2015. They'll relocate to Brooklyn.
AYE we gonna see some Islanduh hockey ovah hea!

sorry, couldn't help it

I don't think Phoenix relocates to Quebec City ... Seattle is trying to build a major new arena (I've seen Key Arena, and would compare it to a larger, indoor version of Cooper Stadium); and if that's the case, it's either NBA or NHL. The NBA is already a failed experiment there, so one would think that the NHL might be willing to test the waters of a city that's less than 100 miles from the Canadian border.

Being in Spokane, we get a lot of news first-hand from over there. They really want that arena. One thing about people in Seattle, if they want it and put their minds to it, they typically get it. (see Safeco Field).

For me, I'd love the "short" 6 hour drive to see the Jackets two times a year; and I still don't wish the Coyotes to move, much from fear that their moving might create a trend with struggling teams...