Thread: EHM 07 - Part 9
View Single Post
Old
07-31-2012, 10:04 PM
vh2k7

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to vh2k7 Send a message via MSN to vh2k7 Send a message via Skype™ to vh2k7
I picked up my old file after laying off for a while. My team got real bad thanks to my self imposed rule of signing no one and trading for no players (only picks, and no forced trades for high firsts). Didn't hurt my skaters. Roster was passable maybe except we had no goalie. I saw no hope of developing one within 3 years after a few years of missing the playoffs so I caved and signed one finally. Team's great now.

In the time that I was bad, I apparently drafted a Byfuglien regen. Didn't look for him, but it's pretty obvious (RD/RW and he's enormous). He's pretty much the best d-man I've ever drafted. After shredding UofM for a few years (53, 61, 107 points, 7.78, 8.39, 9.92 (!!!) ratings), I signed him and sent him to Manch to start the year. He promptly made that league look silly. 6 points in 12 games (3 goals) and an 8.92 rating. So I called him up and so far he's picked up 12 points (5 goals) in his first 29 NHL games with an 8.45 rating. And he does that without picking up PIM. And does it while being a + defender (+10 facing top competition). Thank you Grant Murphy!