Old
07-31-2012, 10:15 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
Thanks, didn't see that stuff.

Well I already do scouting for an organization, but it's not a hockey team...it's only a draft publication.

All I can do is keep my head down and work, keep doing what I'm doing and hope to get noticed. One of my contacts actually gave me the email addresses of 5-8 NHL GM's and Heads of Scouting so I emailed them a few times last year with copies of my reports. Scott Howson in Columbus actually responded to me once, too.

I do get an offer basically once a month from various websites asking me to write for them but I don't have the time to be doing something like that. Scouting is what I really want to do, not writing.
Absolutely agree. Scouting is just, pure enjoyment. For me it came down to either focus my time becoming a doctor or scout. Problem with scout is you're not always getting the job you want.

How was Howson? I do have a story like that. When I was still a goaler, I was sending my application to WHL teams for tryouts (you get a lot of PR people) and actually got one from Seattle for there main camp, in the end I chose the USHL route for a chance at college. But Willie Desjardins from Medicine Hat actually responded said that his team is set for goalers, but gave me a ton of info to help me out for future dub, AJHL/BCHL invites, and wanted to invite me for a futures camp (couldn't because of my age).

He just came off as one of the nicest people I've ever met in the hockey world.