View Single Post
Old
12-03-2003, 03:42 AM
crossxcheck

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops II
Gamache is not soft. He may need to get stronger to handle NHL traffic but he is not afraid. When he played in the ECHL two years ago he was being high sticked in the head 3-4 times a game and he just kept going. He scored something like 17 goals in his first 16 ECHL games.
I can't remember him missing any games due to injury.

Here is an example of what is wrong with the NHL. A gifted offensive player is not even given a chance and a nothing like Tootoo is glorified.
I wouldn't call Tootoo a "nothing", per se. However, I agree in that fact that he should maybe go down to Milwaukee some to work on his offensive ability. Right now he is getting little ice time but does what he needs to do...that being to get under the other team's skin, draw penalties, and for checking. I think he will develop more offensively and defensively later on. Def. a good prospect.

Anyway, Tootoo is not the issue at hand. I really hope you're right about Gamache. I think I remember reading somewhere that in the QMJHL's playoffs (I think that was the league) that he beat Mario Lemiux's record for points.

Last edited by crossxcheck: 12-03-2003 at 06:30 AM.