View Single Post
Old
07-31-2012, 10:20 PM
Top 6 Spaling

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
I'll admit, I didn't watch much NHL hockey outside of the Predators last season, but thought that Julien used Chara as a net front guy on PP2 and a point man on PP1 or vice versa keeping him out there for 65+% of the PP much like Ovechkin does in Washington.

I could be very wrong though...

As you mentioned, I think Weber blasting away from the point though is a major downside to anyone besides Hornqvist standing in front of the net on our PP.

Lastly, from a coaching perspective, I think it depends on personnel, but Gill is a guy that is likely to be out there on the first shift after a PP playing against the opposition's best. You could see this in a limited capacity depending on the situation, but I think you'll likely see Trotz roll with Gill-Klein as the D pairing following most PP's next season. Weber, Josi, Ellis, and potentially Blum or another D (to be acquired - another conversation) would get the majority of the time at the points on the PP's.
If Blum doesn't make it and the Dman we bring in is defensive, I would love to see SK play point.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote