View Single Post
07-31-2012, 11:36 PM
Hockey Connoisseur
vCash: 397
Originally Posted by AIREAYE View Post
Well the toe barely grazing is the definition of a perfect adult fit, but there will always be people who prefer a bit of extra room or a bit less room. As long as you get good heel lock, than that extra bit of room shouldn't be a huge issue as your foot is secure.

Just a general family vacation, but I want to focus on the food myself. A good way to feel the vibe of a city is through the food imo. Any recommendations? Thanks for asking.
Hard to give you good examples of places to eat because there are so many good places, and in Manhattan you can find every single culture selling food, but since the previous poster mentioned pizza, I'd say skip the brick oven joints and go get a real old school slice. Ben's Pizza on Spring & Thompson has the best sicilian slice I ever had. Brick oven is good but I feel like I've had similar pizza elsewhere, but the sicilian at Ben's I've never had anything else like it.

As far as restaurants go, the wife and I recently went to David Burke Kitchen on Grand Between 6th & Thompson and we absolutely loved it. We're not foodies but we like to go out to a nice restaurant once every month or so and it's been a while since we liked a place that much. You'll need to make reservations for dinner depending on what day you want to go.