Thread: Olympics: 2014 - U.S. Roster Discussion
View Single Post
Old
08-01-2012, 12:43 AM
William H Bonney

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulieVegas View Post
Forwards: We get 13 forwards, yes? I am not convinced Stastny will make this team, and if he doesn't, then we haven't done a very good job developing our young forwards. Cole will probably looked at as too old and Pominville looked at as an outsider because he's Canadian. I would love to see JVR develop into a player that makes our squad. Fingers crossed. I'd hate to go up against a line of Brown-Callahan-Backes. You'll get physically manhandled and then get your shot blocked.

Defense: We get a seventh defenseman too. Right now I'd take Carlson, Fowler, or Shattenkirk over Erik Johsnon. Man will our defense look good in 2014, and especially in 2018! And you didn't even mention Justin Faulk!

Glaotending: Miller is a no-brainer, on his best day he is still the world's best goalie and was the MVP of the last tournament. Any issues he's had lately have probably been the result of burnout from being overworked and being on a perpetually losing team, or the lingering effects of that concussion. It should be Howard that shares the backslash with Schnieder, assuming Thomas doesn't get picked over both of them.
Pominville is an American in the IIHF's eyes and can only represent Team USA.