Old
08-01-2012, 12:03 AM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
If you can perform against the best offensive and defensive team in the NHL, going head to head with Art Ross winners there's no reason you shouldn't be able to win other tough matchups. The Canucks aren't the only team Bolland has played well against come playoff time.

There are still teams needing to spend a fair bit of money to get to the cap floor - a handful of them also need defensemen. I would deal Ballard or Hjalmarsson, depending on the offers. Could see Hjalmarsson garnering a decent top 9 forward.

I don't see any realistic roster player targets out of Toronto or Florida that would trump a return of David Bolland. If you can get him, you do it IMO. Especially when you consider Kesler has been healthy once in the last 4 years we've been in the playoffs. There needs to be insurance in case his body can't hold up and I don't see anyone on our roster or in the pipeline that could fill that void.
Bolland has 17 points in 19 playoff games agains the Canucks in his career. Against everyone else he has 20 points in 30 games. Still good numbers, but he has absolutely owned the Canucks/Sedins when matched up against us.