View Single Post
Old
08-01-2012, 12:52 AM
Sabretip

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real View Post
Just looking at the roster, does anyone get the feeling that they are going to try to put some sort of agitator/grit on every line?
That could be the model they try at the start of the season but the odds are pretty good that as soon as the Sabres hit a scoring slump - which they're bound to do - Ruff will try to put his scorers on one line to shake some goals out of the tree.

Similarly, I can see Ruff trying to team McCormick-Kaleta-Ott with the sole purpose of disturbing the other team - he's often gone that route with a 4th line of grinders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real View Post
I think Pominville has to be on the top line with Vanek and Hodgson so I will have to rethink my strategy about maximizing toughness on the ice.
I expect to see that trio at some point this season - but I'm not sure how effective they will be. Vanek and Pominville will hopefully repeat their chemistry of last season, and we saw some connection between Hodgson and Pominville. But I'm not sure the line will be that good on the forecheck or gaining puck possession in the offensive zone. Personally, I hope Ott lands with Vanek and Hodgson - he'll be a good retriever / agitator to force turnovers, which Hodgson-Vanek will hopefully convert on.

Last edited by Sabretip: 08-01-2012 at 12:58 AM.
Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote