View Single Post
Old
08-01-2012, 01:37 AM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
I don't see the LeBeau comparison at all. LeBeau was a perimeter/finesse player who was a huge defensive liability. Leblanc makes his living in the corners and plays both ends of the ice.

The best comparison so far easily has been Higgins.

Another interesting comparison is Daniel Cleary or a hybrid of Mike Keane and Brent Gilchrist.
I know you guys are going to call me crazy, but he reminds me a lot of Mike Richards. He never blows you out with speed or dekes you, but he's always at the right place, and distributes the puck very well. They both thrive along the boards and are good finishers.

That's the comparison I had after the draft and I stand by it.

He has the same drive and the same determination that makes the team that much better, he's a winner.

Both are good defensively and both have the same frame.

Once he's filled out, and stronger on skates, I expect Leblanc to deliver pretty good hits.

Leblanc is also a VERY good forechecker, he's annoying. A bugger.

If you look at stats, in his first full season in the NHL Richards had 32 points in 79 games.

While Leblanc wasn't as productive as Richards, I remember him playing with Carter during his rookie year, while Leblanc had to settle with Blunden and Nokelainen on most nights.

I personally expect Leblanc to make the team out of camp, and be on the 3rd line, with Eller and one of Prust/Moen.

He will be used on the 2nd PK pairing with Prust, the 1st one being Pleks and Moen.

He will play around 15 minutes a game.

QuebecPride is offline   Reply With Quote