View Single Post
Old
08-01-2012, 02:28 AM
Cyclones Rock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adsfan View Post
I remember that Pickard went an entire calendar year in Milwaukee without winning a game. Milwaukee was the division champ in one of those years despite him. I don't know how many times I saw Chet play, but it was too many. He was demoted to ECHL Cincinnati and lost the starter's job down there.

Chris Mason made 52 saves in an AHL overtime playoff game to beat Cleveland. That is enough for two hockey games. Too bad he can't do that every game. It does show his upside.
Steve Mason was the one to whom I was referring. He of the Calder year and 3 straight miserable seasons since. I'll gladly take Chris over Steve. And I've never seen Chris play. LOL

It's interesting to hear an Ads fan's take on Pickard. You seem to share my viewpoint on him

In all seriousness, it's never a pretty sight to watch a first round pick struggle. They're just kids and they're under a great deal of pressure. As I noted earlier, Chet Pickard is a good kid and I wish him well. It's unfortunate that he wasn't able to live up to expectations, but it was time for the Nashville organization to part with him. Everything at their disposal had been used in trying to right Pickard's ship, but it was just not happening.