View Single Post
Old
08-01-2012, 09:58 AM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sting13 View Post
If you add Kane's deal that would take us over the cap. You could drop Antropov and Hainsey
but you still have to sign Burmi. I doubt True North wants to be a team right
at the Cap max. You would need money to replace Antropov and Hainsey with other players.
So what would you do? walk from these 3 players? trade them? Surely we won't do that, I wouldn't think. Maybe... maybe... trade Little, but I feel pretty confident both Wheeler and Bogosian are long-term Jets, and in order for that to happen they'll get paid accordingly.

We're at the cap floor (as this CBA is) right now and just a bit above it if we re-sign Kane to his reported deal. Signing these players to these long-term deals will not take us to the limit, likely to around the middle, which would make us a mid-cap team, exactly what we said we would be.

Wheeler right now is being paid a cap hit of 2.55 million, so given my numbers he would be getting a 2.85 million towards our cap.

Little right now is being paid a cap hit of 2.383 million, so given my numbers he would be getting a maximum raise of 2.117 million towards our cap.

Bogosian right now is being paid a cap hit of 2.5 million, so given my numbers he would be getting a maximum raise of 2.5 million towards our cap.

Total cap hit in raises for the 3 would amount to $7.467 million.