Thread: Speculation: 2013 Contracts Expiring.
View Single Post
Old
08-01-2012, 11:02 AM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
How's the thesis?

vCash: 562
Nodl and Skinner are both RFAs IIRC, so I'd bet that both will be in the fold next season.

Semin - worth keeping if he's a good fit here, doubt motivation will be an issue for him this season.
LaRose - he's going to be a career Cane, nuf said. Whether he's asked to play a scoring role here or a checking/aggitating role here, he'll do it, so we'll keep him.
Stewart - good as gone.
Brent - debatable, we already have a good replacement in the system with Nash but if Brent's an effective #4 or can play wing he's worth keeping around.
Wallace - AHL depth signing IMO.
Dwyer - depends on if we keep Brent around. Good defensive winger, but not exceptional.
Corvo - We'll see who of our AHLers and Murphy is ready to step up this season before making that call. We can certainly find a better dman as a UFA though.
Boucher - He nearly retired this past offseason, I would bet he actually does this offseason. Let Peters and Murphy battle it out for the backup spot in camp/pre-season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipeshow View Post
I know JR doesn't negotiate during the season, but think Semin would be extended mid-season if he's playing quite well? Or will they want to see his playoff performance first?
I wouldn't be surprised. I think losing Cole to Montreal last year was the turning point for JR on this issue. He realized how quickly UFA contracts can get out of hand and got Ruutu and Gleason (what would have been 2 top 10 UFAs this year, top 5 in the part of Gleason IMO) under contract at what's looking like reasonable rates right now. He'll probably try to do the same with Semin if it's working out for him here.

DaveG is online now   Reply With Quote