View Single Post
Old
08-01-2012, 11:29 AM
dr robbie
Let's Go Pens!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RehnX View Post
Pens have quite a few defensive prospects who may or may not be good down the line, and regardless of what any Pens fans say, their is no one to replace Martin right NOW.

Oilers have quite a few "can't miss" top-6ers currently ON their team, and a few with an outside shot.
Personally, I would almost rather have a hole on the D than Martin. It's one thing to be bad (which, Martin isn't really). It's another thing to give up in a puck race on the board to avoid a check when playing your freaking rivals in the freaking playoffs. It's sad when my wife is yelling at the TV harder than your 5 million dollar player is playing. I feel like too many people on these boards forget his crappiness in the playoffs and focus on his mediocre season. I'll take one clutch Talbot/Staal/Briere type over any number of soff Martin types any day. I personally would take the conditional 7th for him and run with it.

In all honesty, Pens will be looking for a decent return for him (more than he's worth probably). I would just want him gone in a Michalek-like trade. He's a cancer to our team.

dr robbie is offline   Reply With Quote