View Single Post
Old
08-01-2012, 11:35 AM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 4250
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Absolutely agree. Scouting is just, pure enjoyment. For me it came down to either focus my time becoming a doctor or scout. Problem with scout is you're not always getting the job you want.

How was Howson? I do have a story like that. When I was still a goaler, I was sending my application to WHL teams for tryouts (you get a lot of PR people) and actually got one from Seattle for there main camp, in the end I chose the USHL route for a chance at college. But Willie Desjardins from Medicine Hat actually responded said that his team is set for goalers, but gave me a ton of info to help me out for future dub, AJHL/BCHL invites, and wanted to invite me for a futures camp (couldn't because of my age).

He just came off as one of the nicest people I've ever met in the hockey world.
Yeah Willie was always nice when I had to deal with him. He was actually a huge key to the Tigers signing a kid just recently. The kid is from Texas and Willie saw him (as he is coaching in Texas in the AHL) and suggested that the Tigers give him a shot.

Sure enough, they signed him and he's expected to see some decent minutes on their blueline this coming year.

The hockey world is actually pretty small when it comes to stuff like this.