View Single Post
Old
08-01-2012, 01:51 PM
KanetoToews2883

vCash: 500
I haven't really read thru this much, but I don't see how Biron is that much of an upgrade at backup netminder. Yes the Hawks unit is probably the weakest in the league... btu that's more of an assessment of Crawford's play. If Crawford can return to his 10-11 play the Hawks won't need but 20ish mediocre Ray Emery starts. Losing Olsen who the Hawks are going to need given the huge drop in the cap and the upcoming RFAs (Leddy) and UFAs (Bolland). Isn't worth acquring a good 4th or fringy 3rd line C and Biron's 20 starts.

If the Rangers were serious in acquiring Olsen the Hawks needs (this is my opinion only) are cost controlled players with upsides.

Del Zotto would work if he weren't left handed... Girardi might be nice but he's going to lose that cost control soon... McIlrath is similar to Olsen (at least scouting wise in their draft year) but unsure how he's progressed. On the O side, Carl Hagelin makes sense for the Hawks. (He probably fits better on the 3rd than 2nd line but his game might fit into our system)

Now all of those are probably non-starters and I suspect that to be the case, but I wouldn't move Olsen right now for pennies on the dollar, when he's more likely to appreciate in value rather than depreciate.

KanetoToews2883 is offline   Reply With Quote