View Single Post
Old
08-01-2012, 01:58 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
It's a product of good drafting and good developing.

When you produce talent, it's easier to take flyers on guys who are a "hit or miss" kind of prospects.

I think we have to draft hit-or-miss guys next year because we won't have the prospect depth in a year that we have been used to having since the rebuild began in 2004.

Our top 2 prospects (Kreider and Hagelin) will graduate. Another top prospect (Erixon) was just traded. We also will not have our first rounder next year, and this year we already didn't have a #3, #6 and #7. A few (Wellman, Thuresson, MZA and Chard Johnson) left.

Every year some prospects prove that they have no NHL future. In the last year, it was guys like Pashnin, Valentenko, Parlett and Wilson. In the next year, I can definitely see guys like Bourque, Ceresnak, Missiaen or Stajcer, and some other guys to become non-prospects.

We will have a small pool of prospects of 3 good prospects (McIlrath, Miller, Skjei); 3-4 high-risk ones (Thomas, Fast, St. Croix, Hrivik), 4-5 second-tier prospects guys (Yogan, Fogarty, Lindberg, Nieves, McColgan) and another 3-4 suspects (Noreau, Ceresnak and/or Andersson, Bourque and/or Spelling), our whole prospect pool before the 2013 will be about 13-15 guys, and let's keep in mind that we won't our first rounder.

We will need to swing for the fences. I want more guys like St. Croix, Thomas and Fast, as well as a couple of big defensemen like Noreau in the later rounds.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote