View Single Post
Old
08-01-2012, 02:29 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
"young guys improve as hoped" is something going for nearly every team in the NHL - it is remarkable how fans seem to think the concept of prospects is something unique to the Hawks.

A better PK is somewhat unlikely, given that it's been terrible for two years in a row with the same coach and players (and it was bad when Crawford was good, too).

Personally I don't think Keith needs to get his head out of anywhere. His Norris year looks to have been an anomaly at this point. He's still a top-10 defenseman in the league, though.

Some of these things will improve - maybe I will even be wrong about one of the above (PK, for example, although I highly doubt that). But other things will get worse. That is how the NHL works. That is how life works. Bring the same effort (in this case, bringing the same roster and coaches)... don't expect to somehow get different results.
PK? you don't remember who was our best Penalty Killers 09/10?? the players we still have on the roster

Keith needs to play like 08-10. His head is not on the ice and it looks like he has some motivational problems.

If Krüger & Leddy improve as hoped and Shaw can play like he did a full season, we are that much better and we almost filled the holes on the roster. That's the difference between us and the other teams.