How successful will the Hawks be next season?
View Single Post
08-01-2012, 05:01 PM
Join Date: Jul 2011
Originally Posted by
Fewer if's? I'll just end up listing you all the teams that are Cup contenders. All these teams also happen to be a step ahead of the Hawks, who are not.
Los Angeles, St. Louis, Boston, Vancouver, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, NY Rangers.
Oh yes, none of those teams are perfect (although I'd say LA is pretty close at this point). But fewer holes than the Hawks? Easily. Bit depressing to even type that just now, honestly. I wish I could have the almost insane optimism of some of you (not you, hockeydoug, but certain others).
- Kesler is hurt and their center depth without him is awful
- Have issues generating secondary scoring
- God awful goaltending
- God awful defense
- Lacking elite wingers to pair with Crosby and Malkin
- Goaltending is an issue and massively overpaid
- No number 1 d-man
- Questionable depth on defense due to injuries and age
Every single one of them has issues just like the Hawks. The Hawks aren't the only team that would like to upgrade at 2-3 positions, but the opportunity isn't always there.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by sketch22