View Single Post
Old
08-01-2012, 07:08 PM
Digable5

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisent42 View Post
What's stopping us? I was gonna say "common sense" but that flew out the window a long time ago, so I'm gonna go with "cap" instead. Once Ennis is signed, will there really be enough cap space left for both Doan and Arnott? But besides that, as much as I'd like to see Doan on my team, I don't want him for the amount of money and years he is said to be asking for. I can't even afford to dream about him!

And that is why I don't take him into consideration.
If adding both is something we want/need to do it can be made to work out cap wise. Not only could an additional trade be made as many have suggested, but I'm someone in favor of sending Leino overseas to make room on the roster and under the cap in order to improve the team. Again, not saying I'm ready to give up on Leino if he has a place on the team, but should we sign Doan he's not necessary. And if moving him means we can add a player like Arnott, a true veteran center and cup winner, then make it happen.

Arnott, IMO, isn't really what this team needs. However, options are running thin and I wouldn't mind bringing him in. Its just not a cap concern for me.

Digable5 is offline   Reply With Quote