View Single Post
Old
08-01-2012, 07:29 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

vCash: 500
MAB might not ever play hockey again. He's still dealing with PCS and hasn't even begun training yet. The Flyers did qualify him so that they wouldn't lose his rights, but if he can't go again, they'll just waive him and then buy him out. From what I know, MAB hasn't even signed the qualifying offer yet, so that let's you know how bad of shape he's in.

As for Manning, I think he stays with the Phantoms for the year. I love what he brings to the table, but I think he could use a bit more seasoning and that he only had half a season under his belt last year. I think the Flyers need to take a little bit of time with Manning because he could be something REAL good.

I've also read that the Flyers are very high on Oliver Lauridsen and how his work ethic has been through the roof and that he really dramatically improved his foot speed and skating to the point that he can really fly now. His decision making has gotten infinitely better and that he could be another Grossmann in the making. They also believe that Lauridsen has real leadership skills and is a general on the ice.

With regards to Jason Akeson, he's been training with Claude Giroux this off season and that he too is also taking power skating classes. On top of it, Akeson is really looking forward to working with Terry Murray to work on the defensive side of his game.

I have to admit though, I'm kind of giddy about Scott Laughton and what to expect from him this year. I know he didn't get an invite to the Team Canada summer camp, but if he has a real strong year for Oshawa (and he's pegged in to be the first line center there), he might just get a call to the December camp. The guy is a gamer and could possibly be a future Keith Primeau-type of center, but with more offense.

I also think that this is the year Nick Cousins scores 100 points in his third OHL season. He too could also get an invite to the Team Canada winter camp. The guy is a gamer and I can see great things from him. He'll be moved to the wing, but he and Laughton could possibly be the future third pairing and could really be something else to watch. I can already see a line of Simmonds - Laughton - Cousins in the future just being a nightmare to play against. As well, I can also see a second pairing of Read - Schenn - Voracek on a first line of Hartnell - Couturier - Giroux. That's a disgustingly great top nine in three years from now. There's scoring, there's defensive ability, there's grit on all three lines.