View Single Post
Old
08-01-2012, 08:09 PM
Edge

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
To Edge: you have GOT to put Fast on the list of guys with top 6 scoring upside. In my view, he's got a better shot to be that player than any ofthe guys you listed.
Fast is in the same boat as Hagelin for me. I like him, love the speed, not sure if I see him as a top six scoring winger. That is mainly do to the fact that his hands and offensive instinct, at least based on what he's shown, are good but necessarily very good or great.

His speed and smarts could make him a very useful player, but I also think the difference between scorers and support players, especially ones with a lot of speed, comes down to how fast they see the game in their head. In that respect, Fast seems to be a notch below guys you'd typically want in a primary scoring role.

I also wonder if Fast will form the same types of opinion camps from HF members. One camp who loves the speed and correlates it with a higher upside, and one side that views him as a nice complimentary player, but not necessarily a cornerstone.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote