View Single Post
Old
08-01-2012, 09:27 PM
Spice Trader

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyt911 View Post
Well the LEAFS are the #1 money team, then the NYR then the Habs, as a matter of fact the profit from these 3 teams is more than the profit from the rest of the NHL combined. Hypothetically say the Habs and Leafs collude to screw the clubs with the cap circumventing contracts they totally have the POWER to make the NHL do what they want. Cuz with out the Leafs and Habs bye bye NHL. I doubt any thing so dramatic would ever happen but both the Habs and Leaf are against those contracts and it would be beneficial to use their clout to ensure that all frontloaded contracts turn into 35+ and unable to be placed on IR and sent down.
I agree with your assesment of the value of those franchises. But being able to spend is an advantage to them as they have the budget to do it. And for both those prospected cities a on ice winner will out revenue by a landslide having a lower cap with more parity.

The main reason i dont see MTL handing out those contracts is besides the cinderella run couple years ago they havent had the team to attract a top tier UFA. if they keep progressing nicely i dont see them having a issue opening the vault to pay for a couple studs.