Thread: GM Report Card
View Single Post
Old
08-01-2012, 10:24 PM
casualkev

vCash: 500
I give Gillis a B- but could be bumped up to a B or B+ pending the Luongo return and the hopeful signing of Doan. He hasn't done anything too much through free agency outside of Garrison. Really don't understand the logic behind bringing Desbiens back after we let him go. Re-signing Raymond could be a brilliant idea if he re-gains his form from 2 seasons ago because last year was a joke. As much as of a pain as Hodgson was to deal with I think Gillis could have maximized his value by keeping him around until the draft and packaged him with Luongo to a team lacking goaltending and center depth a la Leafs. Missing out on Schultz really stung as we need a right shooting D that can move the puck/quarterback the PP. Letting Salo walk and having Alberts as #7 as I'm sure most Canucks fans would agree is not the most ideal situation. Would have liked to have seen Salo back in a limited role. Flame away but I'm happy that Ballard hasn't been traded yet as I think the Tanev/Ballard combo on the 3rd pairing will do better than most people expect.

casualkev is offline   Reply With Quote