View Single Post
Old
08-01-2012, 11:10 PM
Back in 94
In Gillis I trust

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bench View Post
I do say so. Sedins + Datsyuk would be the best 1/2 punch in the entire NHL by a mile (well maybe a kilometer Crosby/Malkin). And the 1st powerplay unit would be unstoppable with the 3 best puck control players in the world.

Are you paying attention? I'm complimenting your team.
If it was guaranteed Vancouver would win a cup then I'd be all for it, but it doesn't. I'm happy with what we have as a team right now and I wouldn't be willing to trade a much younger Kesler for an ageing Datsyuk. What if after the 2013/2014 season the Sedins and Datsyuk retire? It's definitely a possibility and I think its already been mentioned here before that the Sedins would consider retiring after their contracts are up. That would leave us with Schroeder and Gaunce as our 1-2 punch down the middle. I'm a true believer that Vancouver wants to rebuild on the fly and not have to tank for 5+ consecutive seasons to field a competitive team again.

Maybe I'm looking too far into this but trading Kesler for Datsyuk does not help us in the long run. Sure it would be cool to see the Sedins and Datsyuk on the same PP but not at the expense of Kesler.