View Single Post
Old
08-01-2012, 11:15 PM
BigG44

vCash: 475
The one thing I'll add is it'll be a damn shame if both Radek Faksa and Matej Stransky don't play for the Czech Republic next January.

I don't think it's biased as a Dallas fan to say those are two top Czechs in the U20 age group. Call me crazy, but I don't buy that Faksa would do something as disrespectful as the coach seems to be making this out. I'd be absolutely shocked if he's not exaggerating that they just showed up in Sweden expecting Faksa there and he didn't show up. That seems to be what the article is indicating.

I would never expect Faksa, the Dallas Stars, or Allan Walsh (his NA agent) to allow that to happen. They all have better reputations than to do something like that.

I don't want to even get started on Stransky though. We can all agree that's a ridiculous scenario where the Czechs are just hurting themselves. The Swedes learned and stopped that stupid policy of turning their backs on guys in NA. The Czech's will hopefully eventually get over the ridiculous requirement for the player to have a contract with a Czech team.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote