View Single Post
Old
08-02-2012, 01:03 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Perry with Richards and Carter or with Kopitar and Brown would be a nightmare for opposing teams, but I don't see it happening because of the Brian Burke element. I have a feeling he's been holding out on making big offers for the very reason that Perry and Getzlaf are both slated to become UFAs in the same year.

Much like how he delivered the Sedin twins to Vancouver, I could see Burke doing something crazy and landing both Perry and Getzlaf. They'll end up being a package deal, like what we saw just recently with Parise and Suter and with Drury and Gomez before that.

Hartnell is close friends with Richards and Carter and I could see them coaxing him to sign with LA if the Flyers fail to re-sign him. Then you have the whole Sutter-Iginla relationship which could also play an influence in dictating Iginla's decision (should the Kings be interested).
I would love Hartnell. He would be #1 on my list of players to get. Sucks he is coming off a career year though. Sky-high price both through free agency and trade, but the Flyers are arguably our strongest trade relationship, so something could be worked out. Especially given our strengths are defensive depth and up and coming goaltending, and their needs are defensive depth and up and coming goaltending...

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller