View Single Post
Old
08-02-2012, 12:34 AM
BigG44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
Fair enough, all of these things are out of his control unfortunately. Your explanation makes sense but I think putting up near historical numbers should be an eyebrow raiser. Guess we'll see what he's made of at training camp and in the AHL.
What he did was impressive. I respect the stats, but you're not talking historical numbers. 36 goals as 23 year old in the ECAC just doesn't impress me nearly as much as what younger Dallas NCAA prospects are doing. Plus, I'm always a bit skeptical of the senior NCAA phenom. I get that he was injured as a junior, but he wasn't a great goal scorer as a freshman or sophomore either. He was able to rack up assists and points as an underclassmen, but he has only one season of big time goal scoring.

I just think his age and conference make me want to see him in the pro game before I put him in the same league as the guys we're talking about right now like Guptill, Ritchie, Stranksy, and Molin.

EDIT: To be 100% upfront I should say I think I saw him play twice ... maybe three times in 4 years. I saw Guptill play more in one season, and I watched a ton of Miami and BU games. The ECAC just doesn't get coverage. I actually wasted time watching more Nico Sacchetti games than Austin Smith ... .

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote