View Single Post
Old
08-02-2012, 08:36 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monarchist View Post
The Kings are a complete team. The sort of trade that is available is to trade one of Nolan/King/Clifford and another player for a better version of that player. I think having those three now is a bit redundant. This kind of upgrading is essentially what happened with Schenn and Simmonds in the Richards trade.

So something like Greene and one of N/K/C for Girardi, or Greene and one of N/K/C and a first round draft pick for Seabrook, something like that, not that those players are available.

But the Kings have no holes and won't make them. Still willing to trade two dimes (and maybe a nickel) for a quarter, that's it though.

Want a Westgarth? No charge, party gift...
I think those 3 need to stay if the Kings are going to play the same system and style they did in the playoffs. Having Clifford, Nolan, and King all in the lineup along with Greene, Mitchell, and Richards who can fight and scrap when needed plays into the Kings play style. The Kings had success late in the year and the playoffs because they could play a very physical game, throw their opponents off their game and get into their heads. I think if they continue to play that way it's a better idea to have numerous guys that can fight but have skill sprinkled throughout the lineup rather than one dedicated fighter. So I don't think having all of Nolan, Clifford, and King is redundant at all and is a pretty good position to be in.

tigermask48 is online now   Reply With Quote