View Single Post
Old
08-02-2012, 10:40 AM
jd2210
Registered Non User

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
We've got a bunch of guys that are all at least 1-2 years away from where being really projectable, so this is complete crapshoot.

Will be amusing to look at this list in 5 years.
No doubt. There will prob be a few in the NHL, a few in the A or ECHL, a few in Europe and a few who are in a beer league somewhere. Also some who quit altogether I suppose.

I remember being stoked about Pistek at one time after watching him in the world juniors. I actually thought that group was going to be our greatest draft year of all time and it ended up yielding a whopping 2 NHL players (one was Gagne though so I guess it was still a good draft year in that regard)

There are always a few who sort of "make it" but not in the way we as Flyer fans expected. Stefan Ruzicka for example is a guy that many will say was a bust, but in reality he has a very nice KHL contract and lead his team last year in scoring. But from an NHL and Flyers perspective he was/is a bust. Its not that long ago that Bodrov, Cabana, Matsumoto or Maroon were in peoples top 5.

But that is why prospects are prospects I guess. I suppose it's usually a blend of all kinds of things like conditioning, injuries, opportunities, coaching clashes, and physical development.