View Single Post
Old
08-02-2012, 11:37 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mint Berry Crunch View Post
Voted New Jersey here. I can't see them not struggling after the loss of their captain and an aging goaltending tandem and an otherwise very mediocre roster outside of Kovalchuk and (maybe) Larsson.

Was thinking about Buffalo or Florida but part of me expects the Sabres to be significantly better this season, though not good enough to make it to the playoffs. Florida is up in the air, it's all contingent on how their youngins develop and how much of an impact (if at all) Huberdeau's injection into the line-up makes. Theodore as their starter would worry me if I was a Cats' fan, though.
the question really is when the aging stars go down hill.

the devils have a lot of talent, they will be a playoff caliber team.

Zajac, Henrique, Elias, Clarkson, Zidlicky, and Kovalchuk are still there. Thats significantly better than what the Panthers have. and aside from Elias they are all fine age wise. their problem will be their goaltending. Marty is going to start to show holes. he had a good few months last season, but he also looked awful for the better part of 1.5 years over the past 2 years.

Devils will be fine, but they wont be making it to the cup finals again barring some sort of big trade. Right now their offense took a major hit. They lost their 3rd leading scorer, and the motor that keeps that team running.

Callahan would be a SIGNIFICANT loss to us, not just because of his offense, but because of how he makes the team GO... Parise is the same way.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote