Thread: Confirmed Signing with Link: Lightning sign Dmitri Korobov to 2-year ELC
View Single Post
Old
08-02-2012, 11:43 AM
Call Me No One
All's Well

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kunabai View Post
dima is our arguably best defenceman, since we've lost rusty...

his upside - 2nd pairing with good pp skills, though i'm biased as you see

these stats don't tell the truth as it seems sometimes. he lost some playing time due to injury and return of podhradsky (marek sykora (our former head coach) favorite) who took his pp-time. but i think he WAS and IS capable to be the top-2 defenceman in khl which he was at the beginning of the previous season, while pairing with more-famous lukas krajicek.

he's not so defensive-minded as i've seen someone wrote. he has all the potential to become a solid two-way force

he often noticed in interviews that his biggest dream is to play in the nhl and he'll do anything to make that true

so, to sum it up:

strengths: size, attitude, makes safe plays, good first pass and ice vision, loves to set up teammates, makes good checks with his stick, not afraid of blocking shots (seen alot of pk time), and very good wrist shot.

weaknesses: physical play, doesn't use his size effectively enough (though he really progressed during last two years and started to hit the body ), so he may look some soft; has some tendency to giveaway the puck in own zone, though rarely;
and also this one, which sometimes drives me crazy - though, as i mentioned, he has really good wrist shot, he doesn't use it often even if he has good position to fire the puck he'll be looking for a teammates - i think there is some issues with confidence

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...qeUP5-M#t=140s
just watch his pass to kalyuzhny vs usa this year and i think you'll realize what i'm talking about

if you want to know something more - feel free to ask, since i'm following him since his junior days
Thank you for all that, kunabai. It's usually difficult to dig up any info on players coming from overseas, good thing HF's got members all over the world

Call Me No One is offline   Reply With Quote