Old
08-02-2012, 12:35 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
Besides size, I don't see what else Ceresnak has. His skating is bad even compared to Noreau, and same for positioning and hockey sense. He doesn't hit as well as Noreau, nor can he fight. He brings absolutely no offense to the table, again being behind Noreau.

And let's keep in mind that Noreau is a very, very marginal prospect. Though anything can happen, right now nobody projects him as more than a third-pair NHLer and we all recognize that he'll probably be a minor leaguer. And yet, he's a significantly better prospect than Ceresnak.

Short of a massive improvement in the coming season, Ceresnak will not get a contract next year and will go back to Slovakia where he will be only average in that mid-range league.

I think that Ryan Bourque is already better than what Ceresnak will ever be. That said, I like Thomas Spelling who slipped only because he's playing in a weak league.
His skating isn't that bad at all. He got quite a bit better over the year in juniors. He's probably up there with Noreau as "most improved" out of the guys from last year to this year.

Noreau is no longer a "very, very marginal prospect" at all. He was when we drafted him, but his improvement makes him look like a much more intriguing prospect who can potentially be a bottom pairing guy.

Borque is older than both, more injury prone than both, and much weaker than both. The only thing he does better is skate. I fail to see how he's a better prospect at all if he can't even handle the rigors of the AHL.

ECL is online now   Reply With Quote