View Single Post
Old
08-02-2012, 02:06 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign Nateo View Post
Do all Nashville fans have a bad taste in their mouth regarding Arnott? Or just you?

A crafty veteran? He wouldn't be in the league at this point if he hadn't learned some tricks. A winner? Well he does have a Stanley Cup winning goal so... Not a locker-room champ? Spent a lot of time in the locker-room with Arnott have you?

For what the Canucks would need out of him, he'd be more than adequate.
It's not just me. There's probably no more unpopular player that's ever played for the Predators, and that includes Alexander Radulov.

While I wasn't in the lockerroom, his "leadership" was repeatedly called out by Trotz, culminating in the captaincy being stripped and given to Shea Weber. He was told "you can play out the year like this, at which point we're not going to resign you, or we can trade you now," which is the option he chose.

Arnott's time in nashville was marked by sitting out games as he chose, sulking over icetime or criticism, and having a knack for showing up against lesser teams, while disappearing against quality competition.

I know I'm coming off as bitter fan that misses an old player, but do a search on the Predators board for Arnott and compare the comments there about other ex Predators...Hartnell or Timonen, for example. There's a lot of history.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote