View Single Post
Old
08-02-2012, 02:10 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
A lot of speculation that the Caps plan to try him at wing this season. He's almost exclusively played center until this point.

While I doubt he's being actively shopped right now, he's certainly not off limits. We'd likely use him as part of a package to upgrade the top 6 or find a partner for Mike Green.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
I think he would be at least as good option at wing, considering how bad he's defensively.

Not a Caps fan but I think Caps are looking for a top6-F.. Same problem as Sens, basically.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
He just signed his new RFA deal. I doubt he's on the move...

In his signing press call, he said he was willing to play wing.

Needwise, yeah, top 6 wing... not a great fit for trading partners, though Caps also need a 1/2 LD (preferably 2, as they're low on tradeable assets).

I don't know much about the Senators so that's as far as I can go with that.
k thanks, yeah the Sens wouldn't part with a top 6 forward. Just thinking if he didn't have a spot completely locked down on the Caps he might be available for cheap.

As for why the Sens would want him... Spezza, Alfie, Michalek, Latendresse, Regin. All extremely injury prone and the Sens could use some depth.

Perreault also put up sick numbers with very limited ice time and has nice offensive upside.

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote